I’ve been having a very intense craving for Italian food & since I can’t have any grains (pasta & what not), I attempted to make zucchini lasagna & it came out pretty good. I got my recipe from Yummly but changed it up a bit. If you haven’t checked out Yummly, you def should! You can find any recipe with any ingredient; just search what you want to make & all the recipes from different sites pop up.
Check out my tweaked recipe & let me know what you think <3.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 cans of tomatoes
2 basil leaves
2 teaspoons of dried parsley & oregano
red chili pepper
2 teaspoons of sea salt
1 1/2 of water
1. saute the garlic in olive oil
2. add all other ingredients & bring to boil
3. add extra seasoning to your liking
4. set aside
1 lb of lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large pan add olive oil & ground turkey. Cook until brown (5 – 6 minutes)
3. Add sauce & bring to boil then turn down to simmer.
4. cut zucchini length wise about 1/8″ (I didn’t measure lol i just cut them really thin)
3. in a deep dish pan (8″ x 8″) layer the zucchini so they overlap
4. spread sauce & turkey on top
5. add another layer of zucchini & sauce
6. add a small amount of Parmesan
7. bake in oven for about 45 – 50 min
8. let cool for 5 min & eat up!
It came out so delish & can totally last me for a few days. ❤ The actual recipe asked for cheese to be placed between each layer but again my intake on dairy is zero! I added very little Parmesan so it can be a little crispy on top. Let me know if you all try it out & leave a comment below 🙂 or send over recipes I love trying things out!